Friday, March 17, 2006

Insurance carriers



Just b/c kaiya was so early, there was a pediatric team on standby in the room with us. Once she free and clear they wanted to check her out. You may notice in the picture that i have scrubs and gloves on. I had asked the doctor if i could be involved in the labor/delivery process and he said that it was fine. (on a sidenote, his flexibility is one of the reasons why we chose him) Rachel had a doula that was much more sensitive and helpful than I would of been, so we were thankful that the hosipital provided one free of charge. It allowed me to work with the doctor while someone was there to help encourage/coach rachel through the process. Once she crowned and the face came out, the doctor suctioned the mouth and nose and then helped coach me on what to do for the rest of delivery. I was definitely pumped!

No comments: