Friday, September 26, 2008

Where has all the gas gone?

Ummm... Hello?? We need gas down here in Charlotte!!

We have been searching for gas for the past 3 days. It seems none is to be found. Tony has been gone for the past hour and a half looking. We've heard the wait for gas at stations that miraculously have some is 2+ hours. Police are directing traffic into and through the stations. Good thing because I'm sure there is plenty of gas rage out there.

Needless to say we haven't gone out much in the past few days. We're conserving for very important things. Like... all of our out-of-town guests. This weekend is going to be busy for us. Tomorrow, Ruthie (my sister) is coming up for a few days. Her boyfriend, Chris Allen, is performing about and hour north of us. So she is hitching a ride with the band and hanging out with us. I'm excited about this for several reasons... she's taking Kaleb's 9 month pictures, I've missed her since she basically lived with us for 2+ years, and it will be fun to talk. Our good friends Austin & Kristina are coming for a few days as well. We're so happy they are making us a part of their vacation! While they are here we are going to have a few couples that we went to college with over so it will be a packed weekend, but when you don't know anyone in your town you really welcome busy-ness. :)

I wanted to also share my sister's blog w/ you. You can find the link on my followers section below. Or just type: www.rutheileenhaun.blogspot.com and find her that way. She is a budding photographer and has a few pics posted. She just got this blog up and running so you will only see a couple posts, but I think you'll be impressed! :) I was... of course she is family... but seriously. She's good. If you think so, make sure to leave her a comment and tell her. :) Being that she is a budding photographer she needs all the encouragement she can get!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, tonight I realized something.

Some years back we had a family in our AWANA group that had 3 girls -- Rebecca, Rachel and Ruthie. Tonight I realized that you and your sisters have that same set of names! :o

It's weird how the gasoline issue is such a regional thing. Around here we don't have any gas shortage, it seems.

ASHENFELTERS said...

Why is there no gas??