Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kaleb Riley

My sweet boy turned 1 today. I think the thought that ran through my head most of the day was -- how can this be? One year old already! Hard to believe, but here we are. I've truly enjoyed the fun that having a boy has brought to our family. Kaleb approaches life quite differently from his sister. He is all boy -- cracks up when he farts, loves to make loud noises, pound on things and play rough.

He's been a mama's boy since day one. And I wouldn't mind if he stayed that way just a little longer. He's getting more independent by the day.
He's always been my sweet smiler, though -- and I hope that never changes. Here's a look back at Kaleb's first year:


Just two days old


1 Month


2 Months


3 Months


4 Months

5 Months
6 Months
7 Months
8 Months
9 Months

10 Months 11 Months Here are a few pictures from our evening.

This strawberry was just too cold! :) And big...

He loves it Connie!

6 comments:

ASHENFELTERS said...

yeah! SO happy he likes it! What a cutie Rach~ and it's gone fast for me and I'm not even his momma! Love you little buddy!

Becki said...

Happy Birthday Caleb :) Great pictures!

ruth eileen photography said...

aww i just wanna give him a big hug and kiss!! :) looks like he enjoyed his birthday treat!
miss you guys!

Indiana Haun's said...

I love to look at these pics of Kaleb. It doesn't feel like we've had to miss out on too much of his first year - thanks to the trips & especially your blog. We're so grateful for the time you put into this!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday, caleb! He's so cute, Rachel. Glad you guys had a nice day. We love those boys!!!

Esther said...

It seems like the other day that I was checking your blog daily to see if Calab was born and here he is turning one!! Crazy!